Friday, June 27, 2008

Creepy Crawlers

Since the bunny appeared in our garage we've had lots of other temporary family members. There's been June bugs, May flies, snakes, toads, worms and Jake really would have liked to have a Dragon fly. Good thing this mom isn't too squeamish about any of them. Jake's favorite, by far, are toads. Today he hit the jackpot! Look at the size of this toad. I wish I would have had him on video tape when he came running in the garage with it. He was so excited. We kept it for most of the day in a 5 gallon pail and then he let him loose. At first I had a hard time convincing him to release his new found friends but he is starting to understand that they to be let go in order to survive.

Ben is our busy bee. He's into everything these days. Being outside is a little challenging because he isn't content in his stroller anymore and there are just too many things for him to eat while he's crawling on the ground. In the house he's into all the cupboards, up on anything he can climb on, standing next to everything, and even taking a few guided steps between things. If things continue this way he'll be our athlete and Jake will be our politician.

Tomorrow we are going to spend a few hours at the NICU 20 year anniversary party. I thought it might be interesting so we are going to try to go. It will just be me and the boys so we probably won't stay too long.

I spent a little time weeding my garden last night - it is doing quite well despite the fact that the weeds have taken over. I would have finished but the mosquitoes decided that I was their bedtime snack. I was pretty much fully clothed, sprayed with repellent and I still had about 25 bites. Yikes! I guess next time I'll have to do it in the heat of the day. Apparently radishes are quite strong when they are small. Jake wanted to try one and so we picked one and cleaned it up. He made quite the face when he bit into it. I tried it and made the same face! It was more like eating a hot pepper.

That's all for now. Enjoy your weekend.




No comments: