Well the day finally came that Jake and Curt got to put the snow plow on the pickup. We bought a new 2nd hand pickup the first week of November so we wouldn't have to put the plow on our good truck. Well we've had nothing but trouble with the truck since. I think it has been back in Cokato more than in our garage. It's getting more than frustrating. The last time we got it back Curt put the plow on anyway. Jake was thrilled! He's been waiting since the end of the last snow season (that's when we bought the plow) to start plowing snow. I answered the question, "When will it snow?" many times throughout the summer.
Ben is as busy as ever. He's trying to take more. Other than Mama and Dada, most of his words aren't clear yet. We can tell what he's trying to say, but a little creativity is needed. He's trying dog, Jake, cat, Grandma, Grandpa, Papa and maybe a few others. He is really into copying Jake. It is pretty fun to watch. Jake doesn't mind either - it seems to be the times that they play together the best. Tonight he crawled in the tub with his clothes on and played for a bit, well pretty soon he was turning the water on - he thought it was the best thing ever.
Jake had preschool screening today - he did quite well. I didn't have any concerns that he couldn't do most of the skills it was more about it he WOULD DO the skills. A few he refused but overall it went great. No concerns. Since fall he's been on a "I'm never going to school" kick, I don't know why but I thought it would be a problem today. Curt was along and I think that helped, he was more willing to cooperate for him than for me.
We are very excited for Santa to come. Jake is putting it all together this year and I think it will be great fun. He asks every once in a while if I think Santa saw him do something, both good and bad. He did ask the other day how he can see - he's a kid who needs concrete answers and I must say I don't think he liked, "he just can." The day that he pushed Ben down the steps (I think just to see what would happen) I reminded him that Santa knew about that. Didn't seem to matter, although he hasn't tried it again.
Ryan is coming in this Saturday and Mike on the 23rd. It is always nice to have everyone home for a few days together. Ryan's girlfriend Amanda is also going to come for a visit. We are very excited to meet her.
We enjoyed some time in the snow on Sunday before it turned brutally cold out. It was fun. Everyone got bundled up and we walk along the river to the shop. Curt and Jake took a few runs on the sled down a hill and had a blast. Jake was waiting in the sled for me and it took off on him. It was a pretty fast hill but he made it safely to the bottom and I think was kind of proud of himself. He was still talking about it at bedtime. He and I took a turn together after that and that was the end of sledding for the day. I guess I'm not as good at it! I had snow up the back of my coat, up my sleve and in my boots. It was still fun though!
I got our Christmas cards ordered - so look for one sometime around Christmas or the New Year (I didn't get them done as soon as I should have!)
Take care..
Ben and Jake helping Dad do some shoveling.
Jake has been wanting to make cut outs for at least a month. I finally found a good recipe online so we gave it a whirl on Sunday afternoon. I must say it went pretty good - even with both Ben and Jake helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment