This is one that only moms will appreciate.
Well Ben had a big accomplishment on Monday (it hasn't happened since, but oh well), he went poop on the toilet. He's been really interested in the toilet for a few weeks - constantly watching Jake, standing by it like he's doing the deed, and running to the bathroom after he's already gone. Only in the last few days he's been saying 'poop'. On Sunday he told me poop after he went, then on Monday he kept saying it and wanting to sit on the toilet. So I humored him. And low and behold - he was right. So now I'm not sure if it is a game or if he's really trying to figure something out, but I'm spending a lot of time in the bathroom! He's very little to even get my hopes up but I do like that he's making the connections! He says poop all the time and grabs his diaper so I kind of think it is associated with peeing as well.
He's been saying lots more words too. Jake has been in his list for some time but it is sounding more like Jake now. I've heard him say cow, apple, up, down, he tries Alley (which was Jake's very first word), MaMa, DaDa, and some others I can't think of. He signs a few words too because they use it at daycare.
That's all for now.
1 comment:
Go Ben! I did just have a conversation with another mom, how training them earlier might help avoid the whole power struggle side that sometimes happens when they are older. Let me know how this progresses:)
Post a Comment