Here's the scoop around the Feldewerd house.
Ben hasn't been sleeping the best since he had the stomach flu the week before Christmas. He sleeps but had been waking up a few times a night again. Kids have a way of getting off schedule and staying that way! So, we decided we would try taking the bunk beds apart and have Ben sleep in a big bed. I think it was last Wednesday, right before bed we took them apart and moved the crib out. Both boys were super excited. It amazes me how fast they catch on - already the next day at daycare he was wanting to sleep in the toddler bed. So far he loves it - I wouldn't say it have solved every sleep issue but it is so fun to see how excited he is about it and now when we say let's go "night night" he runs down the hall to his bed.
Ben has started liking books - a little. He has a small picture book from the Middendorf's that he really likes to sit and look through. The other night he was sitting with Curt and just like that we heard "tractor", neither of us had heard him say that before. Sometimes I can get him to repeat quite a few words, sometimes I'm not so lucky.
He's really starting to change into a 'big boy.' Wants to do everything that everyone else is doing. It is really fun to see all the wheels go around everyday, day after day.
We were sitting around on Saturday morning getting things ready and Jake told me his first joke. "Knock knock - who's there - Boo - Boo Who? - Well you don't have to cry about it." It was super cute and pretty funny. I didn't realize he was telling a joke at first, I was just playing along. He said Melissa taught it to him. I love stuff like that.
Saturday was our anniversary and a fun day for everyone. Grandma Marilyn picked Jake up 1pm to go to Elk River to the hotel with Aunt Amy and her gang. At 1:30 Jill came to babysit and Curt and I headed out for a day out. We went to see Gran Torino, had supper at Applebees, went shopping for a bit and then met up with some friends for the evening. It was a super day - everyone had fun and Mom and Dad had a 'date.'
Jake and Curt headed to the lake to do a little fishing this afternoon. I hope they catch at least a couple. Jake has been wanting to get out on the ice for the last few months.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment