Monday, March 16, 2009

Jake’s Recovery

It has been nearly a week since Jake’s surgery and he’s doing a whole lot better. His throat is still sore but manageable. He didn’t want any Tylenol this morning, that is the longest he’s gone without it. Now that he is on the road to recovery we need to work on getting back on a schedule. He’s gotten used to a late bedtime, late get up time and a late nap. Tomorrow will be his first day back at daycare so we better get busy.

This weekend we spent some time out of our house (much needed!) at G & G Bergmann’s. Amy and her crew were up so my boys got some playtime with the cousins. I think it helped Jake start to feel better. The weather was nice enough to play outside. Once everyone was thoroughly soaked they played forts inside.

Ben is as busy as ever. He was a little out of sorts with Jake being under the weather. He knew something was up and just didn't know what to do about it. He is talking a lot and can mimick almost any word. Between Ben and Jake I don't think I'll have any chance of staying indoors this summer (at least I hope!). Ben loves to be outside cruising around.

I don't think I wrote anything about us buying a camper. We finally broke down and bought one a few weeks ago. Jake is sooooo excited about it and it seems to be growing on Ben. At first when we went in he wanted to go right back out. We don't have a lot of days planned for the summer yet but we've talked about lots of them. I think Curt is just about as excited as Jake.

I started my 17P shots today. Curt also had his stitches removed at the same time, so he took Ben and Jake went with me. Jake thought it was pretty funny watching his mom get a shot in her butt. We’re crossing our fingers that the shots help. I also got them when I was pregnant with Ben and the doc feels that I’d never had made it to the end (even with bedrest) without them.

In 2 weeks we leave for Jamaica – it should be a blast. Hopefully we are organized by then. Both Curt and I need to figure out what we are going to wear for the wedding ceremony plus we need to find some vacation clothes for bumming around.

Hope everyone is well, enjoying the nicer weather and that your kids are enjoying the huge puddles everywhere!

No comments: