Monday, July 20, 2009

Our recent life

We’ve been keeping pretty busy, even with me on the couch. I’ve been trying really hard to take it as easy as possible, sometimes it just isn’t possible. It would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE if it wasn’t for great parents, aunts and friends. This week I’ll be at 34 weeks! Another 2 of taking it easy will go a long way. Before we know it our newest addition will be on his way home and we’ll wonder how in the world we’re going to get everything done.

Ben has been talking more and more, well really all the time. He’s putting words together and it isn’t often that we don’t know what he wants. One of our biggest challenges is getting him to eat. If we can do it as he runs around the table, he’ll eat but otherwise it is tricky. He loves to do whatever his brother and dad are doing. He still loves the 4 Wheeler, tractors, and anything outdoors. I think his favorite phrase is, “No Way.” It’s pretty cute.

Jake is staying busy as well. His latest hobby is finding rocks; pretty rocks, cool rocks, big rocks, little rocks, and everything in between. I bought him a rock tumbler and some ‘gems’ to polish. If you aren’t familiar with the rock tumbling process, it is a lesson in patience. He’s doing better with it than I thought. They need to tumble 24 hrs a day for 7 days, get washed, tumble again for 7 days, get washed, then polished. For one small batch it is about a month’s worth of waiting. We’ll see if he thinks it is worth it after it is over.

Last week Jake went to the races in Sauk Centre, I guess it was ‘boring’ and he had a hard time sitting still. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Then Saturday he went with my mom to pick up Amy and Gabe and continued on to my uncle’s birthday party in New Richmond, WI. He spent the night with Grandma at the hotel in Cambridge. Then on Sunday we all went to the parade in Freeport, yep I even ventured out. Judy invited us for breakfast at Cousin Joe’s house and then watched parade from his yard. It was nice to get out and visit for awhile.

This week will be a little busy too. We don’t have daycare from Wed – Fri. Mom is taking the boys on Wednesday and Carmen (Curt’s niece) is going to spend the day with us on Thurs and Fri. Jake is pretty excited. I think they might try to make it to the Little Crow Ski show on Friday night. Maybe Jake won’t think that is so boriiiiiing.

I haven’t been taking many pictures since I’m not very mobile. I’ll have to see if I have any news ones to post.

No comments: