We parked in Freeport so I didn't have to deal with them running out on the road. It was fun and they all did great. We biked towards Albany and made it further than I thought we would. Ben is at a huge disadvantage because he only has 12 inch tires. It is a good thing that he is strong and that he loves to bike. Jake got quite a ways ahead of us on the way back but he eventually stopped and waited. I think it went well enough that we'll try it again.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
The Bike Trail
The boys have been begging to go on the bike trail and I've been stalling. I was thinking about letting them bike and I'd walk along with Sam in the stroller. The more I watched them bike in the yard, I knew that wouldn't work. They'd be long past me and I'd have no way to catch up. So the boys helped me get the bike trailer down out of the shed and wash it up, the next day we got my bike home and washed that up. We hooked it up and gave Sam a test drive. I didn't know how he'd like riding behind the bike. He cried the whole time I was trying to get him situated in it and the laughed and talked the whole time we were actually biking. Since the test was successful, I promised the boys we'd go to the trail the next day.
We parked in Freeport so I didn't have to deal with them running out on the road. It was fun and they all did great. We biked towards Albany and made it further than I thought we would. Ben is at a huge disadvantage because he only has 12 inch tires. It is a good thing that he is strong and that he loves to bike. Jake got quite a ways ahead of us on the way back but he eventually stopped and waited. I think it went well enough that we'll try it again.
We parked in Freeport so I didn't have to deal with them running out on the road. It was fun and they all did great. We biked towards Albany and made it further than I thought we would. Ben is at a huge disadvantage because he only has 12 inch tires. It is a good thing that he is strong and that he loves to bike. Jake got quite a ways ahead of us on the way back but he eventually stopped and waited. I think it went well enough that we'll try it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment