Monday, May 19, 2008

Boat Ride

Yesterday was a big day. Jake took a boat ride out at Grandpa Ken's. Might not sound like a big deal to most of you but it sure was for Jake. We spent all summer last summer at the lake and Jake would not ride in the boat. He was going to when we first moved there, took one step in and got right back out. He wouldn't try it again all summer long. Through the winter we'd talk about the boat and Jake always said, "But I don't like the boat, I'll try it when I'm big like you."

We went with Grandpa to the landing and the closer we got the more excited Jake got. It was so much fun. His plan was to go back in the van and have Grandpa pick him up at the dock. By the time we had the boat landed he was ready to get right in and take a ride. He loved it! We went back to my parents to wait for Grandpa and Jake kept asking to go for another ride. After Curt and Grandpa go the canopy on the lift, Grandma, Curt and Jake went out for another ride. Ben thought he'd like to go too but I thought we'd better wait for a warmer night.

I mentioned to Jake that Curt would pull him and I in a tube when it got warm out. He laughed and said, "Dad and I will pull you in the tube!" Not likely -- I only trust getting pulled in the tube if I have a young one with me to guarantee no rowdiness! I don't really like tubing.

So it looks like we'll be spending lots of time at the lake this summer. I'd like to teach Jake how to swim but now that he likes the boat, swimming will probably take the back burner. I'm not sure what we are going to do with Ben - he is so near crawling and boy look out then! I'm fairly certain I'll have to retrieve him out of the water because I won't be able to keep up!

No comments: