Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping with the Budde's

We spent 3 days last week camping with Mike, Jolene, Carter, Taylor, Katelyn & Jack. It was a blast. We borrowed Cory's camper and met the Budde gang at Canary Beach Resort in Villard. Curt wasn't so sure about it on Wednesday but by Thursday afternoon he was into the camping routine. It is easy to enjoy it when the kids are having such a good time. I don't really know if Ben had a good time but he sure was a trooper through all of it. We got to do some fishing off the pontoon, fishing off the dock, swimming, paddling in some small boats, biking and lots of visiting. Now Jake not only thinks we should buy a camper but he'd like a pontoon as well.

Saturday we visited Gabe at G & G Bergmann's and did some more fishing off the dock. Early afternoon we headed to my aunt Joanie's house on Little Birch Lake for a Bergmann get together. It has been a very long time since we've had one. Once again the boys did awesome - played in the sand and water and had a blast. I was suffering a little due to the fact that I burnt my back terribly while fishing with Jake earlier that day. Dumb -- it is still as red as ever today and hurts like a bear. It was my refresher course to not do that again for the next 15 years.

Sunday Curt and Jake went back to the lake to catch more fish. Jake really likes to fish and it getting quite good at it. By the time they were finished they had enough to bring home and clean. We had them for supper tonight.

Wednesday we plan to spend some more time at the lake with the Middendorf's at Jeske's cabin. I think Jake might spend the night at Grandma Marilyn's after that. Mom is off this week because she had knee surgery last week. She's doing pretty well but it is still a bit stiff.

This week is the Stearns County Fair. We might go on Friday for Kid's day and I think Jake and Curt are planning to go to the demo Friday night.

Can't believe we are on the downslide of summer -- it went way too fast!!
By the way - I don't miss my long hair even a little bit.



Jo's Taylor enjoying the paddle boats.


The 'old' camping buddies.


Jo's Katelyn - she's supposed to be looking for frogs.


Jake and Mom paddling the boats (this is after the first attempt in which I sunk the boat)


Finally getting to roast marshmellows - don't let the face fool you - he was having a grand time.


No comments: