Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Celebration

The big birthday bash for our 1 year old was a success! I think everyone had a nice time - Ben actually loved all the excitement. All day long he was following grandma and me around the house complaining but as soon as the festivities started, he was awesome. He really is a complainer - you should hear him sometimes. It gets to be kind of funny. I can about imagine what he'll all have to say when the words start coming out.

Friday was also dentist day for Jake. He's been to the dentist a few times but this time he had to have 2 cavities filled. He really did great. I wasn't sure how it was going to go because he was getting skiddish the closer we got to the dentist. I had to coax him in the chair but after that all went well. Of course the gas that they gave him helped out a bit! Even after the appt he was a champ - sleeping lips and cheeks and all! We went grocery shopping and birthday gift shopping for Ben. It helped that he had a stressful appt right before - it was pretty easy to convince his mother to buy him something too!

My mom was over today making homemade chili - I have so many tomatoes that we had to do something with some of them. She helped me make a huge batch so we could freeze a bunch. It turned out great. If anyone is up for canning pears - let me know. I have 50 lbs of them. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered them!

I'm going to post a bunch of new pictures - I'm still a believer that they are more fun than words.


Grandpa Ken and Ben playing at the birthday party.


Jake helping Ben - or something like that!


Grandma Linda gave Ben a new sippy - as you can see
he liked it right away. It was his favorite.


Having a bit of cake...

No comments: