First off, I got away for a weekend with my girlfriends the second weekend of September. It was great to have some time away and to see the girls. The weather was gloomy but the company was awesome, as was the resort. We stayed at Ludlow's Resort on Lake Vermillion. I'd certainly recommend it if someone is looking for a peaceful get-away.
While I was off enjoying myself, my sister was taking care of Jake and Ben. It was the first time they have ever stayed at her house. Everyone did great. Jake had a little homesick moment but a talk on the phone with his Dad cleared it up. Dad was busy working at home and setting up Jake's new bunkbeds. He was pretty excited about them when we got home!
Everyday Ben continues to change. He's interested in a doing everything that a 3 year old might want to do. Needless to say, he's often frustrated. Jake and Ben have been finding moments of real play between them. It's a lot of effort on Jake's part and he's been doing a wonderful job.
I'm including a picture of Ben wearing his new shoes. He's never had actual shoes on his feet before and I was starting to get worried that it would be a battle. Well, he surprised me once again. He absolutely loved them. He sat patiently while I put them on and then giggled the minute he started walking in them. He must have run up and down the hallway a dozen time, stopping occassionally to check out his feet and have a little giggle.
The weekend after the boys stayed with the Evenochecks we headed back to Cambridge for Gabe's 4th Birthday party. Everyone had a great time. Jake still can't figure out why they want to live sooooo far away from us. The drive is torture for him. He thinks that they could easily build a house right next to Grandpa Ken's garage.
This picture is of Gabe opening his gift from Jake. It is R2-D2 - I guess he has taken a liking to Star Wars. While Gabe was opening presents Grandpa Ken and Ben were bonding in the living room...
No comments:
Post a Comment