Another Mother’s Day has come and gone and no matter how crazy my household is, I think I’m still pretty special to be a Mom. The night before we slept in the camper for the first time – so Mother’s Day started off a bit on the chilly side. We had the heat on but by morning the heat wasn’t kicking on anymore – thought we ran out of propane. Turns out we just had one tank off, rather I had turned one tank off and no one turned it back on! Oh well. We had breakfast in the warm house, Ben and I visited my mom while Jake and Curt had some father son bonding time around the yard, then Jake and Curt planted my garden while Ben took a much needed nap. We rounded out the day by going to Pam’s house for a small Mother’s Day celebration with the Feldewerd’s. It was a nice day.
Jake’s most recent accomplishment is learning how to pump on the swing. Actually I still haven’t seen him do it – he mastered it at Daycare. He later told me that Melissa had told him and Paige that whoever stopped first on the swing had to give up their swing for Tyler. Guess that was enough incentive for Jake to start pumping!! He was pretty proud of himself.
Swimming is going really good for Jake – it surprises me how far he’s come in a short time. Last week he wore his goggles and he put his face in the water and actually blew bubbles for a little way. It was pretty exciting for me because he has always HATED water in his face. He has a few weeks left and then I think we’ll need to take a long break. This summer will be too hard to get there and next fall will be too crazy! I’m already dreading dragging all my kids every Monday and Wednesday to Melrose so that Jake can go to preschool. Oh, I’m sure we’ll survive though.
Ben’s big accomplishment is that he has learned how to pedal his trike. He got a small trike from Santa but was never very interested in it. We were outside the other day and he kept trying to ride the bigger trike that we have. I brought his out – he sat down – I told him to put his feet on the pedals – gave him a small push and he took off. I guess I can’t really say I ‘taught’ him how to pedal – he just did it. I’m sure that watching Jake do it made the biggest difference. He loves it now and has even managed to pedal Grandpa Ken’s pedal tractor.
No comments:
Post a Comment