We spent most of the day at home, not doing much of anything. Just before supper we headed out to the lake to visit Grandpa and Grandma Bergmann. Jake and Ben spent some time in the lake and playing outside. Sam spent some time hanging out in the house, it was his first voyage to Big Birch Lake. While Ben napped Jake and I made chocolate cupcakes and a small birthday cake. After supper Grandma and Jake decorated them. We had birthday day cake and headed home. I think Ben had a good day.
Jake , Sam and I headed to Sauk today to get Ben his present (we didn’t have time before and Ben really doesn’t care what day it is as long as he’s getting new trucks and loaders). It was Sam’s first trip to Fleet Supply and to WalMart. We all survived quite well. Ben got to spend the time with his Dad – hauling cows. He was very happy about that.
We are adjusting around here. I think the biggest adjustment is Ben and Jake spending so much time together at home. We have a lot of conflicts – we don’t get out of the house as much either since it is a little tricky with Sam.
Sam is changing every day – his facial bruising is almost gone and his jaundice is almost gone as well. We lucked out and didn’t have to do photo therapy for him since it started coming down on its own. He still spends most of his day sleeping but there are times now where he’ll be awake for a short time. He’s feeding pretty much every 3 hours – doesn’t leave much time for sleeping for Mom but who needs sleep anyway?
We are heading out to Lake Maria camping this weekend. I haven’t decided is Sam and I will spend the night out there or not. I think I’ll play it by ear. Once it is dark and the campfires start we really can’t be outside anyway. Sounds like the weather is going to be awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment