Every now and then we have Kid's Day at our house. Sometimes we don't do much of anything out of the ordinary, sometimes we do, but Jake always thinks it's fun. Jake has been working really hard going to sleep by himself and has been doing a great job at it, so he was granted a Kid's Day. This particular day was way more special than normal. My sister and Gabe were looking for some time out of the house so we spent the whole day in St. Cloud with them on Saturday.
We started at the library. The new library is quite nice; we read a few books, played some Legos, and visited. From there it was off to Space Aliens for lunch. Gabe had been there many times but it was Jake's first visit, and oh what a visit it was. He loved it! He loved the ceiling that looked like space, he loved the man in the Alien costume that walks around, he loved the games and thought it was awesome that he won the jackpot on one of the games - 462 tickets! I wish I would have had my camera, he was pretty excited.
After Space Aliens we went to the mall for a short visit. Amy wanted to use the family room and Gabe and Jake played in their small play area. It was great there too! We've never used it before but Jake thoroughly enjoyed himself jumping from one thing to the next. The floor is squishy so falling isn't quite so bad. I'm still trying to figure out how to construct something similar in our basement.
The last event of the day was the movie theatre. We saw the movie Bolt. It was only Jake's second movie and he really enjoyed it. It might have been a little long, but it was a pretty long day for him. He asked the whole way home when we could watch it again and actually asked last night again when the movie theatre would be open. I'd have to say it was a pretty successful Kid's Day. Jake even got out of a haircut (which I really wanted him to get) because he reminded me we were just supposed to do things he wanted to do.
Ben stayed home with Grandma Linda while we were out bumming. His news of the weekend is that he cut a molar through. He's working on quite a few new teeth and that was the first new one to show its face. He's been doing pretty well with teething, I haven't given him anything for it and he isn't too crabby out it.
Last night Curt picked up the boys from daycare while I got supper ready. I got a phone call from Melissa. She was going on and on about Jake cutting out hearts, working with the scissors, "she was only gone for a minute", I tell you, I was starting to think that he stabbed himself or someone else. Nothing nearly so serious....He cut his hair. I guess he was really proud of himself for doing it. He wanted to cut more when he got home. I don't really know what to tell him, of course I said he couldn't, but he thinks it is such an accomplishment and I can imagine that since he goes to get his haircut that he knows it is OK to cut hair. Hopefully he doesn't try it on Paige's hair (she has long blonde hair), she probably won't forgive him until they graduate from high school.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Be thankful for all the wonderful things in your life and give all your kids an extra hug.
No comments:
Post a Comment