Monday, February 16, 2009

Ben has finally given up the bottle! I know, some of you moms are thinking, “oh my, he’s plenty old.” You’re probably right but for whatever reason I didn’t feel the need to yank it from him (mostly because he seemed like he really needed it) and now he pretty much decided, on his own, that he was done with it. He hasn’t had one since daycare on Friday and Melissa said he wasn’t very interested in it at all. I even packed them away.

I’ve been waiting to get the bottles off of the counter but I guess I can’t get too comfortable with that idea because in September we’ll be starting all over with them! We are getting pretty excited for our new arrival in the fall and crossing our fingers for a bedrest free pregnancy. Oh, I know, that isn’t likely but we sure can hope! I am feeling pretty good, just can’t seem to sleep at night. It has been 4 years with restless sleep what’s another couple?

We started a “Good Jar” and a “Not So Good Jar” for Jake today. Overall he’s really a good kid but he has a really hard time listening to us. Just keeps doing whatever it is (sitting on Ben, screaming, talking back, you name it) no matter what we do. So we are going to try this – pennies for good and pennies for not so good. If the good jar is full first he gets to pick out something new, if the not so good jar is full first he has to give up one of his favorite toys. I thought this was a great approach until while we were eating supper he asks me, “If I’m good, then bad, then good, then bad, both jars will be full at the same time. Then I can give one of my toys away to make room for my new one.” Not really what I had in mind!

Today the boys kept themselves busy riding bikes in the house. They were having a great time, crashing, falling over, ramming into everything. It’s time for spring – my boys can’t wait to get outside to play more.

Next week I have training Monday – Wednesday in St. Paul. Curt and the boys are going to come down and stay with me. We’re staying at the Raddison Waterpark of America. It should be a really good time. Curt isn’t sure what he’s going to do all day Tuesday with both boys so if any of you are looking for something to do, give us a call!

Ben doing what he loves to do - walk around in other people's shoes, especially Jake's, and now he's starting to want hats on while he does it.

Jake taught Ben this trick. I usually don't make too big of a deal about it because I remember how much fun it used to be. What's a little spilled milk right? Well, it might not have been such a good thing. Last week when we were out to eat, Ben did this and we had milk everywhere!


Riding bikes. Jake is still riding Ben's because the pedals on the Big Wheel are just a little too far away. Ben loves the big wheel because his Flintstone feet work great with it.

Another milk and straw experiment. Three straws together!





No comments: