Monday, January 18, 2010

As January zooms by...

We often say “Benner Benner Benners” when we are messing around with Ben. Now he’s using it back to us. I should try to catch it on video, it’s pretty cute. “Mama Mama Mama”. He does it for everyone but the cutest is definitely “Sammer Sammer Sammers.”

Ben is growing up fast and still wants to be just like Jake. Drives me a little crazy (or A LOT). Jake and Ben get into one anothers hair often. Jake is always trying to be Ben’s boss, Ben is constantly trying to do whatever Jake is doing, when Ben is doing his own thing then Jake is too snoopy to stay away. Needless to say – makes me nuts. Oh don’t get me wrong they do love each other so. If Ben asks for something he always makes sure to get one for Jake (though Jake does not return this favor), when Ben is in trouble Jake is there trying to make things better. I can only imagine how things will be in 2 years when all three of them can get into it together!

Ben is our little movie watcher. For a loooonnnnngggg time we had to watch Bolt every day, multiple times. He finally got a little tired of that movie and now we are watching Up. It totally amazes me that a child can watch the same thing over and over and not tire of it. I know the parts of both movies simply by hearing the background music. We have managed to get him to watch Racing Stripes a few times. I'm hoping this interest changes soon. I don't mind watching movies with him but it would be great if we could at least rotate between 5 or 10 of them!

Sam is cute as ever. He’s ‘talking’ so much now and can really let you know when you forget to stop by and chat a while. He loves to watch his brothers and loves it even more when they talk to him. His sleep pattern could use some work but I think it is his belly most of the time waking him up. I’ll chalk it up to this phase of life and hope for better sleep in the years to come. He can reach out and grab things now and is always looking for something to chew on.

Jake is enjoying school and is getting excited about the kindergarten talk that is going around. On February 5th they get to spend the morning with the kindergarten class. It is amazing how much he’s learned since starting school. Before school started he wasn’t interested in numbers, letters and certainly not writing. That has all changed now and it is so much fun to watch him master new things. He’s always loved to learn new things and constantly needs to know the ins and outs of everything but school learning is a new interest (and a relief to me!). The other thing that Jake has been doing a lot of these days is singing. He is constantly talking and if he isn't talking now he's singing. I kind of enjoy it because it doesn't require me to answer him (gives me a short break). The only thing is that his songs of choice are Rudolph and Jingle Bells. I'm hoping that they learn a few new ones in school.

Other than the everyday stress of trying to get things done, trying to get to work on time, trying to figure out how to have my boys play rather than fight and trying to get everyone to sleep, things are great around here. I must say we are very blessed with 3 great kids. I need to slow down and enjoy everyday a bit more – it scares me that they are growing up so fast.
So, about that time issue, I still haven’t posted anything about Christmas. I do plan to get to that one of these days…




Sam relaxing in Jake's recliner.

Jake made this by himself from one of the toys that Ben got for Christmas.

SO, I guess Santa didn't bring enough toys. The boys just got this new skid steer and they love it. Daycare got one and it seemed like a better idea to have one at home. Ebay really is a great thing.

No comments: