Everyone is doing great and really enjoying summer. It has been fun for me to be home with them the last few weeks and enjoy the time with them. We've been picking beans, picking beans, did I mention, we've been picking beans? This is the first year we managed to get them to grow (we had some technical issues the last 2 years) and they are doing great. The rest of the garden is coming along too. We've also found time to be with friends, play in the pool, play some catch and soon we'll be tackling a few projects in the house (I'm still trying to think of ways to make it fun for the boys, hummm....).
Sam is busy busy. He crawled up the stairs a few times and even managed to go down a few the right way. He loves to crawl up the step stools that we have by the bathroom sinks and is pulling himself up next to everything. We are in the stage where he constantly wants to be doing something. Still only two teeth but it looks like the others are near. He also really like to crawl up on the couch when we take the cushions off. I remember Ben doing the exact same thing and loving it!
Ben has really taken a liking to playing ball. We play catch with a big ball, he likes to play kick ball and yesterday we practiced with a glove and tennis ball. Right now he enjoys all the ball sports much more than Jake does, never know if that will stick or not. Ben has also gotten very brave and very good in the lake. He figured out how to swim with his life jacket on and loves it. He's in constant motion, when I'm on my toes it works out because he's always willing to help me do things, when I'm not paying attention, he's constantly in trouble. We're working on that.
Jake has become a very very good bike rider. We bought him a nice bike this spring and it came with training wheels. I made him take them off because I knew he could ride his bike without them. Then one day, they were back on (he had done that himself). A few weeks ago I decided the training wheels had to go. He was mad but once I adjusted his seat (it was way too low) and he gave it a try, he changed his tune. He did awesome and even impressed himself I think. He's taken to it well and now we are just waiting for that first bad wipe out - it's coming because he's pretty crazy on it sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment