The time has come where Ben is interested in potty training. It kind of happened quickly (thank goodness). I had been trying to encourage him for the last couple of weeks but he wasn't showing much interest at all. He was great if I let him run around in his nothingness, but didn't want anything to do with 'knickers' (daycare called underwear knickers and it stuck with Ben).
Then, suddenly, he wanted them on all the time. Last week Thursday was the day. He did great at Grandma Linda's and great at home. Friday morning we went to the dentist, to Target and to Best Buy and he stayed dry the whole time. He had to pee but had stage fright at Target but finally gave in at the gas station on the way out of town! Friday night we went to the truck pull in Willmar and he stayed dry the whole time there too! Of course he wouldn't use the bathrooms so when we were about to head home at 11p, I convinced him he needed a diaper on. As soon as I put it on.... "Mom, can I pee now?" He's done that a few times but for the most part, as long as we are home or somewhere that he is comfortable, he takes care of himself.
He accomplished the last big obstacle today - he pooped in his potty chair. Until today it was kind of an issue. He ran upstairs announced to me that he had to go and off he went - making sure I did NOT help him. He was very proud. Oh he's had an accident here and there but really probably only 3 in the last 4 days and every time he came running using the excuse, "Hummm.... I thought I had a diaper on!"
No comments:
Post a Comment