Our basement project is very near completion and we have slowly been 'moving in'. Of course the TV was the first thing to go back up, then the new surround sound, then new furniture and Ben's new bed. We had a small Super Bowl party, which proved to be perfect timing because they all helped carry and setup. It was great.
Tonight was the first night that we had time to move Jake's bunk beds downstairs. He's a little hesitant about sleeping down there but said he'd give it a try tonight. Ben's been ready since we put his bed up but wanted to wait for Jake to be there with him. Curt is going to spend the night down there too. It's going to be a little different for me with them downstairs - I'm used to having them right across the hallway. I have to admit it makes me a little nervous but it is time to get Sam out of our bedroom, making the move a necessity.
Now we have to clean out the boys' old bedroom and get it ready for Sam. It shouldn't take too much, a pail of soap and water will go a long way. We are setting up a queen bed with the hope that Sam will sleep better in a big bed than he does in his crib. I told Jake we'd leave the crib up for a while in case he still wants to sleep upstairs, that however means that Ben would want to too and they'll have to sleep together in the same bed. I think it will only take a couple nights of that and Jake will want his own bed. Those two fight a lot and I can only imagine how they would be in their sleep!
I'll add pictures of the new rooms soon. The paint colors are pretty bold but the boys love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment