Sorry for my lack of updates. It seems that finding time these days is hard to do.
Sam is changing fast. He is 10 weeks old now and has been smiling and cooing for about 4 weeks already! He really loves to be talked to. The two older boys try but they seem to think he can hear them better if they are only 2 inches away from his face. I can't seem to convince Jake or Ben that he sees much better a little further away!
Ben is doing great too - he still hasn't mastered 'gentle' when it comes to Sam. I don't think that he really WANTS to hurt him but he is really pretty rough most of the time. He always apologizes when he does something not so nice, but it would be a lot easier if he just left him alone. The worst one was in the car when he grabbed the side of Sam's face and pinced him. He even drew blood!
Ben is talking non-stop and busy learning about everything. He loves to do whatever his older bother is doing and rather enjoys destroying whatever it is that Jake might have just created. He's my challenge but he's also the one that everyone else call a 'cool kid'. He has been enjoying some combine and tractor time as well, he's been waiting a long time for it. Our lovely Minnesota fall made the wait even longer.
Jake is getting so big. He is STILL loving school and is ready to go every morning. I noticed today when he and I were playing Chutes and Ladders that he is starting to recognize some of the numbers. This is a big step for him since he's never been interested before. He has one really good friend there - Eli.
I'm going to post some pictures of various things. I didn't take many at Halloween - Ben wouldn't wear his costume and we got going pretty late. Next year Jake wants to 'walk' trick-or-treating so I guess we will find some friends to go with. That isn't something that I've ever done before.
I go back to work on the 19th, I'm not ready but I guess it is time. The boys are going to start going to daycare on Friday - we are going to work back at it slowly. Jake says he is ready and excited and sick of me, another sign that it's time for work.
No comments:
Post a Comment