Friday, October 22, 2010

We've got a Walker.....

I think we can finally say that Sam is walking. It's been a process but today seemed to be the turning point.

He's been talking 'steps' for more than a month but hasn't really been interested in truly walking. It even got to the point where he was on to my game - if I stood him up and walked a few steps away, wanting him to walk toward me, he'd smile and crawl.

For the last few days he's been walking around all the furniture and has been brave enough to let go occasionally to make it to the next item. Today it even seemed like he thought about walking to something BEFORE he thought about crawling. He walked away from me, picked up a toy and then walked back to me. That's when I decided he could really walk. Jake was pretty excited and couldn't believe that he picked up a toy and walked back to me. We'll see how it goes, he's still pretty wobbly and he's very cautious, a trait I do NOT recall with the other two.

Sam has 8 teeth now and has developed a voice of his own. He is still very mellow most of the time but has certainly realized that in order to be heard in this house, he has to speak up for himself. It is fun to watch his personality develop and shine through. The boys love him dearly but hate that he now wants to join in on their fun.

No comments: